Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Trying to get all of my ducks in a row

Trying to get all of my ducks in a row lately, but it seems that there is always one who doesn't want to follow in line. Last time I wrote we were on Christmas break and heading up to Sea World for some quality family time. Low an behold this would turn into a not so great weekend. I had begun to not feel well a few days before we left for Orlando, and there was already talks around town of everyone catching " The Bug". Well we finally got up to Orlando and took a pit stop at Disney's Hollywood Studios to check out the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Family Lights. It was truly an awe inspiring detour! We spent about an hour just listening to Christmas songs and watching the lights dance as we were lightly "snowed" upon. Having the cast members take photos of us in different areas of the lights, hoping we would get that perfect family picture to share on next year's Christmas card - but that didn't happen, which was a bit disappointing. The next morning we arose to have breakfast and get on our way to Sea World, and while most know living in Florida there is always a 50/50 chance it is going to rain. After finishing up breakfast and heading over to the park, we were caught up in a Down Pour! This lasted until 1pm, and by the way did I mention I was feeling under the weather? The change in weather did not help my on coming cold at all, but we stuck out the entire day and because of the rain the park was nearly empty which we were able to do EVERYTHING in the park. The fantastic Shamu Christmas show wasn't until 9pm  and we had to stay as Shamu was the main reason for coming. Sammy was super excited to see the show, but the day must have just been too much for him as he slept through the whole thing. I had taken enough pictures and video of the whole weekend and couldn't wait to upload them as I had previously stated I would post some from our trip. 
After relaxing a few days I decided I would spend some time on our photos and add them to my computer, but in the middle of it all my computer died! I was ever so upset, I know that they had saved , but now I have to get in touch with HP and ship my laptop off to be fixed. So needless to say I am now on our Home Desktop computer and with no photos of our trip.

While we had just a few more days of Christmas vacation, I decided that I no longer could just stare at white walls of our laundry room and needed a pick me up color to make doing laundry a little less blah! So we went to Lowes as we also had to find a new mailbox, as some awfully nice person decided to knock ours off onto the ground New Years day, and a new color for the room. Robert picked out the final color of  "Nautical". I LOVE IT!!! It has that Key West feeling now and I am on the hunt for metal signs and saying of our favorite Jimmy Buffet World. And at least I was able to accomplish something during our time off. Now it is back to school for now, only 15 weeks till Summer Vacation!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment