Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cinderella Dress



Once Upon A Time.... I made a "Cinderella" dress for a little Princess who is turning 5. Princess Ashlynn is one of Sam's friends from school. Both of our families are going to Disney in just under 9 days, and will be staying at the Disney All-Star Movie Resort. But before we all travel  Ashlynn is having her 5th birthday party at Fairy Tales to Remember (www.fairytalestoremember.com/parties.html) and of course her theme is Princess!! Ashlynn needed a dress fit for a Princess, so her Momma and I went to Joann Fabrics and found great materials to make a "Cinderella" dress. Something she could wear to her birthday party as well as something comfortable and cool to show off to the Princesses at Disney. I can't wait for her finally dress fitting, because I think this is one of the cutest dresses I have made thus far. For the materials I found a blue  and white striped tank top at walmart, blue material with outlines of birds, and flower shoped eyelet material.
I cute the stirt 2 inches below the arm , then I cut the blue material in 2 pieces ( 9 inch. x 21 inch.) for the main skirt. Next I cut the eyelet material for the bottom ruffles, 2 pieces ( 4 inch. x 36 inch.). First , sew each of the main skirt pieces together and then the bottom ruffle pieces ( Don't forget to hem your bottom ruffle before you complete sewing of both sides!! )that when finish you will have one long  circle piece of material.  I then ruffled the material , pin it to the tank top  , and sew together. Repeat with your bottom ruffle pieces as you did with the main skirt. Here is a closer look at the blue bird material and eyelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment