Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Grocery Shopping & Couponing our way to a good stock pile!

I have been using coupons consistantly for 2 years now, but I now have a system, organization, and helpful blogs to double check sales and coupons that go with the sales.So let me start out by saying, before summer began I have been begging my husband for a pool in the back yard. He took me to ToysRUs to see the 4th of July 40% off sale on pools. I wanted the 12 foot by 30 inch deep pool, it was on sale for $77 and I had a coupon for $10 off of that. After making the purchase, the clerk came to us and let us know the one we had bought had been broken into and parts were taken. They had said that they could go to another store and get it if they had one, but was also asked if there was another pool that we would like. Of course I had said yes there is another pool we would like, but that it was too expensive. SHe asked me to grab the ticket for it to see, the pool was the 14 foot by 4 ft. deep with a canopy (originally $280) on sale for $167. I asked if it would be possible to further mark that pool down to $100 and we would pay the difference, in order to save on someone driving to pickup the original one we had bought. The Manager finally came over and told us that he would hope that we would have a great holiday and that he would give us our second choice for the same price we had already paid for the other. So honey really does catch more flies!! We paid $72.41 for the (originally) $280 pool ! What a great deal!

Our New Pool
So, As I had said before I am finally getting a grove with my couponing and I am able to stock up on a good stockpile for our household. I am also making it a point to NOT hoard as I have seen those on T.V. do. My first stock pile I am working on for our house are Health and Beauty and Household cleaning items. Once I reach a good stopping point, I will continue to further stock our meat freezer and Pantry ( which I have been doing along the way :) )Below are pictures of the products as well as receipts, and I will list a detail of the items.
Trip #1 at Publix

6 boxes of Tylenol Precise Patches $4.99 each -(6) $5.00 coupons = Free Products
2 boxes Tylenol Precise Creme $4.99 each - (2) $5.00 coupons = Free Products
4 Packages Bic Soleil Razors $5.49 B1G1 - (4) $3.00 coupons = Free Products
After all the coupons and taxes, Publix paid me .38 cents!
Trip #2 at Walmart

2 Packages Cars Marshallows .50 each =$1.00
6 Mini First Aid Kits .97 each - $3/2 coupons (3) = Free Product + $3.09 overage
1 Gillette ProGlide Razor $6.00 - $4.00 coupon = $2.00
2 Travel size Old Spice Body Wash .97 each - $1/2 = $1.03
1 Gillette Heat Face Scrub (Markedown $4.97) $3.97- $2.00 = $1.97
1 Colgate Wisps $1.97 - .50 coupon = $1.47
After Coupons and taxes I paid $5.11

Trip # 3 at Target



And finally my most recent trip to Target.
6 Boxes Zantac 150 mg $7.59 - $7.00 coupons(6) = $3.54
6 Boxes Zantac 150 mg Cool Mint $7.59 - $7.00 coupons(6) =$3.54
3 bottels of Sally Hansen Nail Poilsh $2.09 - $2.00 (3) = .27
I spent $7.53 and saved $90.05

We are slowly getting there filling in our shelf, and of course we have been doing this for about 1 month and gaining this stockpile. her is a picture of our overall stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment