Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Couponing to Disney, and many more things to come!

Ok, where should I begin? Amongst my friends, I am the one they come to full of questions and advice when it comes to Disney & Couponing. I have never been the one that my friends had come to on such subjects, but it gets me all excited when I help them save money, and or help them plan a trip to the most magical place on Earth! So you can only imagine when a great freind of mine introduced me to Couponingtodisney.com by Kristin. Because as your know I don't just love Disney, I am crazy about Disney, and Kristin has fueled that fire even more! My story starts with losing my job back in September of 2009, and my husband wasn't having much luck either in the IT world at well known companies due to budget cuts. At one point we were trying to make it just on my unemployment, and as many know, that doesn't work. We have fought very hard to get where we are today! I have been going to school full time to finish what I have started nearly 12 years ago, a walking towards becoming an Elementary school teacher. My first hurdle was accomplished just oneweek ago, I just graduated with my A.A. from State College of Florida (formally Manatee Community College) and have applied to the University of South Floida's Elementary Education progam. Robert has been very blessed as well, he has settled in quite nicely at Realogy. Heis still working in IT, and for once he is relaxed and loving his job. Thus, bringing us back to saving money. I am pinching pennies harder than ever perfecting my shopping lists and strategies for food items, clothing and other products we need in our house. One of these other items is our Disney annual passes, which costs us $107.39/month. The passes we have are the premium passes which include all four theme parks, Disney Quest, Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach. With these passes, there is specail passholder events, and the icing on the cake is the discounts that we recieve for having the passes. When at Disney, our passes give us FREE parking ( otherwise $14/day/park without annual passes) and we can recieve 10% off food, up to 20% off merchandise. Using our passes for the few items listed above saves us alot of money.
I have my own tips and tricks which I have been successful with thus far, But Kristin at CouponingtoDisney.com has been a guide to pin pointing EXACTLY how to utilize my coupons. With these new ideas, I am saving more than ever and putting it away for our trips. I strive to be a cash only family, if we don't have cash, we don't buy it. I have been saving nearly $200 a month using my coupons and tips from kristin and if I look at it as a yearly profit, we are putting away around $2400. Our biggest upcoming family trips is Star Wars weekend at Disney's Hollywood Studios and our first Family cruise on Disney's Dream, so this extra money being set aside will be alloqing us to have a good time with less stress on the money home front. I can't wait to continue to set goals for our family trips and my love for Disney. Come along for the ride as I continue to share some of my shopping success and weekly tally of savings.
http://www.couponingtodisney.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment